Once again, anti-choice legislators have laid out an agenda of cutting access to abortion, putting the most vulnerable Ohioans at risk. The six-week abortion ban bill before the Ohio Senate would effectively outlaw abortion and criminalize physicians. Over twenty-thousand people choose to have an abortion in Ohio each year, and seven in ten Americans support legal access to abortion care. Banning women from getting a medical procedure is dangerous, out of touch with Ohio values, and is completely unacceptable.
Provide your senator with Twitter Testimony! It is critical to make sure our elected officials know why we oppose this anti-choice legislation.
TWEET a video of yourself speaking about why HB 258 is wrong for Ohioans. Find your senator here and tag them using their twitter handle in the list below.
Here are some tips to effectively do so:
- Keep videos to 2 minutes or less
- Clearly state your case & use your own words.
- If possible, include a personal story or experience. How has previous legislation affected you or your family? How could this proposed legislation affect you or your family?
- Be nice. While more than half of these lawmakers have voted for abortion bans in the past, many have not. We want to appeal to all of them.
- Do not share any information that you would not be comfortable being publicly tied to you – the Internet is forever!
- Remember that the general public can respond to the video, however you are not obligated to engage with anyone.
- Relax! Though they may disagree with you, your representatives are here to serve the general public. They want to hear what you have to say & why you feel the way you do.
Have a short message attached to the video when sharing, which includes the personal handle of your representative (see list below), & please use the hashtag #StopTheBans.
Here are some examples of sample tweets to add to your personal video:
- It is time for our representatives to actually represent us. Ohio will not go back! #StopTheBans
- The 6-week abortion ban, before women most even know that they are pregnant, is dangerous and unconstitutional. Here is why I oppose HB 258! #StopTheBans
- Everyone loves someone who has had an abortion. I am pro-choice, I oppose HB 258, the 6-week ban, & here is my story. #StopTheBans
- 7 in 10 Americans support access to safe & legal abortion care. I am one of them. I urge you to vote NO on HB 258 #StopTheBans
- Banning abortion will not stop abortion from happening; it will only stop safe abortion, ultimately hurting women & families. Vote NO on HB 258! #StopTheBans
District 1: McColley, Rob (R-Napoleon)
(614) 466-8150 / email@example.com / @Rob_McColley
District 2 Gardner, Randy (R-Bowling Green)
(614) 466-8060 / firstname.lastname@example.org
District 3 Bacon, Kevin (R-Minerva Park)
(614) 466-8064 / email@example.com / @Kevin_BaconOH
District 4 Coley, Bill (R-Liberty Township)
(614) 466-8072 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @BillColeyOH
District 5 Beagle, Bill (R-Tipp City)
(614) 466-6247 / email@example.com / @Bill_Beagle
District 6 Lehner, Peggy (R-Kettering)
(614) 466-4538 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @peggylehner
District 7 Wilson, Steve (R-Maineville)
(614) 466-9737 / email@example.com / @SteveWilsonOH
District 8 Terhar, Louis (R-Cincinnati)
(614) 466-8068 / firstname.lastname@example.org
District 9 Thomas, Cecil (D-Cincinnati)
(614) 466-5980 / email@example.com / @Thomas4Ohio
District 10 Hackett, Bob (R-London)
(614) 466-3780 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @bobdhackett
District 11 Brown, Edna (D-Toledo)
(614) 466-5204 / email@example.com / @Sen_Edna_Brown
District 12 Huffman, Matt (R-Lima)
(614) 466-7584 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @matthuffman1
District 13 Manning, Gayle (R-North Ridgeville)
(614) 644-7613 / email@example.com / @GayleManningOH
District 14 Uecker, Joe (R-Loveland)
(614) 466-8082 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @jwuecker
District 15 Tavares, Charleta B. (D-Columbus)
(614) 466-5131 / email@example.com / @SenatorTavares
District 16 Kunze, Stephanie (R-Hilliard)
(614) 466-5981 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @StephanieKunze
District 17 Peterson, Bob (R-Sabina)
(614) 466-8156 / email@example.com / @BobPetersonOH
District 18 Eklund, John (R-Chardon)
(614) 644-7718 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @JohnEklundOH
District 19 Jordan, Kris (R-Ostrander)
(614) 466-8086 / email@example.com / @KrisJordanOhio
District 20 Vacant
District 21 Williams, Sandra (D-Cleveland)
(614) 466-4857 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @SenSWilliams
District 22 Obhof, Larry (R-Medina)
(614) 466-7505 / email@example.com / @LarryObhof
District 23 Skindell, Michael (D-Lakewood)
(614) 466-5123 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @michaelskindell
District 24 Dolan, Matt (R-Chagrin Falls)
(614) 466-8056 / email@example.com / @ElectMattDolan
District 25 Yuko, Kenny (D-Richmond Heights)
(614) 466-4583 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @KennyYuko
District 26 Burke, Dave (R-Marysville)
(614) 466-8049 / email@example.com / @BurkeForOhio
District 27 LaRose, Frank (R-Hudson)
(614) 466-4823 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @FrankLaRose
District 28 Sykes, Vernon (D-Akron)
(614) 466-7041 / email@example.com / @DrVernonSykes
District 29 Oelslager, Scott (R-Canton)
(614) 466-0626 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @Scott_Oelslager
District 30 Hoagland, Frank (R-Adena)
(614) 466-6508 / email@example.com / @HoaglandForOhio
District 31 Hottinger, Jay (R-Newark)
(614) 466-5838 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @JayHottinger
District 32 O’Brien, Sean (D-Bazetta)
(614) 466-7182 / email@example.com / @Sean_J_OBrien
District 33 Schiavoni, Joe (D-Boardman)
(614) 466-8285 / firstname.lastname@example.org / @JoeSchiavoni