NARAL’s The Morning After is a production of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio.
This week, Gabe and Jaime review the hearing on Senate Bill 155, with testimony being offered by NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio and many of our partners.
NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio strongly opposes Senate Bill 155. This bill requires medical professionals to give at best medically unproven information and at worst, information that could harm their patients. Abortion “reversal” has not been scientifically researched and its potential side effects and risks have not been determined. Politicians should never mandate that health care providers give their patients inaccurate information about an unproven treatment.
In this week’s episode, you’ll hear:
- Elizabeth Brown, Women’s Public Policy Network
- Jaime Miracle, NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio
- Sarah Inskeep, Unite for Reproductive and Gender Equity
- Mason Hickman
- Gary Daniels, ACLU of Ohio
- Rev. Terry Williams, Ohio Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Lauren Blauvelt-Copelin, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
- Sarah Barry
Video of the hearing is available at http://ohiochannel.org/video/ohio-senate-health-human-services-and-medicaid-committee-10-22-2019, and audio for this week’s episode was sourced from the Ohio Channel under fair use laws. Copies of written testimony are available at http://www.ohiosenate.gov/committees/health-human-services-and-medicaid/document-archive.
While you’re listening to this week’s show, be sure to check out the Events tab on our Facebook page.