The Community Engagement & Organizing Intern at NARAL Pro Choice Ohio will work with NPCO’s Community Organizer related to community engagement and programming goals. The Community Engagement & Organizing Intern will assess Ohio’s pro-choice communities and help in strategic programmatic methods to organize and bring communities together. In addition, the Community Engagement & Organizing Intern will assist NPCO’s Community Organizer at events/presentations, undertake the drafting of materials for those presentations and will handle routine writing and administrative tasks. The NPCO Community Engagement & Organizing Intern will also have the opportunity to complete a project focused on a specific community demographic of interest in conjunction with NPCO’s Community Organizer.
- Develop assessment documents related to pro-choice communities within specific urban, suburban, or rural areas and related to specific community demographics of Ohio (potentially based on age, gender, religious affiliation, ethnicity, profession, etc)
- Attend community engagement events and programs
- Assist in the planning and organization of events and programs
- Work to develop the NPCO volunteer base and increase the total number of volunteers in the organization with a focus on the diversification of the volunteer demographic
- Conduct meetings with local pro-choice leaders to better understand the communities across Ohio
- Conduct weekly check-ins with the internship supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by the internship supervisor
The Community Engagement & Organizing Intern will be directly supervised by the Field and Political Director.
Specific outcomes and deliverables will be established between selected interns and the NPCO staff member directly supervising the internship experience. Input the intern’s faculty advisor/degree-granting program requirements will also be weighed in the development of internship outcomes/deliverables, which may include:
- Thorough and documented plan to implement outreach and engagement in communities across Ohio for specified community demographics
- Research and analysis of effective community organizing techniques of other organizations, possibly including techniques frequently used by anti-choice organizations
- Written timelines and plans for organizing events and community programs focused on advocacy and/or education
- A developed network of community and civic leaders across Ohio
Please include your resume & a cover letter with this application. All three documents will be emailed to Hannah@prochoiceohio.org for the Northern area of Ohio (office located in Cleveland) or KelleyF@prochoiceohio.org for the Central & Southern areas of the state (office located in Columbus).