This internship is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Development & Fundraising Intern at NARAL Pro Choice Ohio will work with NPCO’s Development and Fundraising Director on projects related to the organization’s development goals. The Intern will help with the collection, documentation, and analysis of donor data and will assist in the coordination of special fundraising events. In addition, the Development & Fundraising Events Intern will conduct research projects, handle routine writing and administrative tasks and may draft fundraising event invitations, RSVP lists, appeal pieces or marketing brochures. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge of the development and fundraising functions of small to mid-sized nonprofit organizations and to strengthen their project management, research, writing and communications skills.
- Assist in the drafting of event invitations, appeal pieces, and donor thank-you letters
- Track RSVP’s for upcoming fundraising events
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of event and project budgets
- Participating in the preparation and execution of fundraising mailings
- Conduct research on prospective funders, current funders, and market demographics
- Analyze and organize donor data; enter donor data; and assist in the set-up and acknowledgement of gifts or pledges
- Collect, research, track and analyze donor information from other pro-choice organizations in Ohio
- Other duties as assigned by the internship supervisor
The NPCO Development & Fundraising Events Intern will be directly supervised by NPCO’s Development Director.
Specific outcomes and deliverables will be established between selected interns and the NPCO staff member directly supervising the internship experience. Input from the intern’s faculty advisor/degree-granting program requirements will also be weighed in the development of internship outcomes/deliverables, which may include:
- A portfolio of development and fundraising pieces including appeal copy, event invitations, marketing brochures, acknowledgement pieces, benefits tracking tools, and reply devices
- Examples of how to successfully track event RSVPS and manage event logistics
- Knowledge of how to create a solid event or program budget
- A clear understanding of the ‘anatomy of an ask’, how to engage prospective funders, and how to steward current investors
- Strengthened oral communication and writing skills and how to articulate a clear case for funding
Please include your resume & a cover letter with this application. All three documents will be emailed to Hannah@prochoiceohio.org for the Northern area of Ohio (office located in Cleveland) or KelleyF@prochoiceohio.org for the Central & Southern areas of the state (office located in Columbus).